Linux GUI application on Nitpicker

Thu Mar 22 13:42:13 CET 2012

Hi Ivan,

On 22.03.2012 12:55, Ivan Loskutov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Norman Feske showed demo on FOSDEM where GUI application from linux was
> displayed on Nitpicker. Is demo specific to OKLinux or can be
> implemented on l4linux too? I can't find an example for this in sources.

In general, it can be used in combination with L4Linux too. But until
now we're missing some ioctl functionality in the framebuffer driver in
L4Linux, which communicates with nitpicker, see issue #30:

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/30

These ioctl calls are used by a small utility
`ports-okl4/src/app/xev_track`, which tracks the X-server's window
commands (move, resize etc.) and uses the information to manage
nitpicker views for each window on top of the Linux's framebuffer.

I'll integrate this functionality into the L4Linux's framebuffer driver
soon, as it would be nice to have that feature for our upcoming demo-cd
available too.

regards
Stefan