Has anyone had success with GCC SVN/4.7

Taru Karttunen taruti at ...102...
Mon Mar 19 05:40:23 CET 2012

Hello

I was hacking around gccgo (go implementation in gcc) and I can get the
runtime and the compiler compiled when using gcc-4.7-RC-20120314. But
the issue becomes rest of Genode not liking a newer gcc.

Has anyone else had success with either GCC 4.7 or a SVN version of GCC?

My current issue is:
  Library libc
    MERGE    libc.lib.so
fd_alloc.o: In function `Libc::file_descriptor_allocator()':
/home/taruti/genohack/genode/libports/src/lib/libc/fd_alloc.cc:26:
  undefined reference to `__dso_handle'
/usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/genode-x86-ld: fd_alloc.o: relocation
  R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined hidden symbol `__dso_handle' can not
  be used when making a shared object

Has anyone got an idea how to solve this?

ps. if someone is trying this, one has to compile libsupc++ explicitely
with -fPIC to get cxx working.

- Taru Karttunen