Google Summer of Code 2012

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Thu Mar 1 10:07:26 CET 2012

Hello Althaf,

> Yes. i vouch for it. However, i have i'm still in doubt regarding the
> quality of the code produce by the students. Well, not undermining
> them, however, before merging the GSoC code with the master, i highly
> recommend a quality check or defined a quality standard so they can
> comply with it.

don't worry about that too much. All patches that go into mainline have
to pass the eagle eyes of long-term Genode developers.

We cannot expect students to produce product-quality code from day one.
But we can try to bring them on the right track. If I understand
correctly, this is the actual point of GSoC. Even in the event that we
won't use the resulting code as is, the outcome of the student's work
(e.g., in the form of a working prototype, or in the form of the
realization that a particular approach does not work as expected) would
be beneficial for both the student and us.

Cheers,