Stabilized Root File System for Genode on Fiasco

Fri Jun 8 10:17:23 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 08.06.2012 07:32, Raja Sekhar wrote:
> what I'm asking is init-rd(Temporary File System) is using as a file
> system. i want to mount real root file system. how to do it.

as I've said in my previous mail, you should consider the l4android
run-script for this, in 'ports-foc/run/l4android.run'

Of special interest for you are the following things:

* How to provide a block-device to qemu (e.g.: -hda option), you can
  inspect the QEMU manual for more details
* Which block device-driver shall I use, this depends on your hardware
  platform, for x86 the 'atapi' driver should be fine
  (location: 'os/drivers/src/atapi'), having a look into the README
  files of the corresponding driver is advisable if one is available
* How can I integrate a block-device in L4Linux, have a look in the
  'ports-foc/README' in section "Block session connection"
* Potentially the block-device partition manager is of interest to you,
  when you want to share one block-device between different clients
  (see 'os/src/server/part_blk/README')
* How can I route certain services to certain clients in init's
  configuration so that L4Linux reaches the right block-service,
  you can derive this potentially by inspecting the l4android
  run-script, and/or read the first sections of Genode's release-
  notes 10.05 (http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/10.05)

If you've more specific questions after studying above sources, please
feel free to ask.

Regards
Stefan

PS: I forgot to mention, potentially you'll have to choose another
initramfs (aka initrd) or adapt it, so that Linux will mount your
persistence root filesystem automatically.

--
Stefan Kalkowski