GCC on Noux (Re: Query)

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed Jun 6 08:42:47 CEST 2012

Hello Naveen,

>        Here I'm using Genode-12.05.and i want to port bash with gcc on
> fiasco.And i made some modification on "noux_bash.run" file.
> And i copied the gcc.tar file on "build dir/bin/gcc".And then i gave a
> command "make run/noux_bash".Then i got the bash terminal but there is no
> gcc.
>
> your help is really helpfull for me.

there is a ready-to-use run script available at
'ports/run/noux_tool_chain.run', which you may take as reference.

To try it out, issue 'make run/noux_tool_chain' from within your build
directory.

Please note, however, that the run script is knowingly not working on
Fiasco.OC yet. If you want to experiment with GCC on Genode, I recommend
to use one of the OKL4, Pistachio, or L4/Fiasco (base-fiasco) kernels
for now.