I/O Memory Mapping failed

Markus Partheymueller mail at ...119...
Mon Jul 23 16:26:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm working on a 64bit machine, but only using 32bit binaries
(hypervisor and genode).

I instrumented the methods with some PDGB and found out that the first
attempt to map the table already fails:

[init -> acpi] Genode::uint8_t* Acpi_table::_map_io(Genode::addr_t,
Genode::size_t, Genode::Io_mem_session_capability&): _map_io: [e0000,
100000)
[init -> acpi] Acpi_table::Acpi_table(): RSDP 2a020
[init -> acpi] Table_wrapper::Table_wrapper(Genode::addr_t): Table
wrapper with base bf7fe0ac
I/O memory [bf7fe000,bf800000) not available
Local MMIO mapping failed!
[init -> acpi] C++ runtime: Genode::Parent::Service_denied
[init -> acpi] void* abort(): abort called

The call that fails is

_io_mem = new (env()->heap()) Io_mem_connection(_base, size + _offset());

With the offset 0x0ac of the base address and the size 0x1000, I think
it tries to map two pages of I/O memory from 0xbf7fe000 - 0xbf800000,
but the memory map doesn't allow that, because of the overlap between
available and not available memory.