I/O Memory Mapping failed

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Mon Jul 23 11:18:15 CEST 2012

Hello Markus,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:54:22AM +0200, Markus Partheymueller wrote:
> What seems odd is that the range requested by the PCI driver (at least
> that would be my guess) lies partly in descriptor 11 (which is marked
> as not available in the HIP) and partly in descriptor 12 (which is
> available physical memory).
>
> Any ideas what could be the problem here?

That looks strange. For clarification: It's the acpi_drv requesting
that memory region (the PCI driver uses port I/O only).

It would be a good start to enable verbose logging in the driver
(os/src/drivers/acpi/acpi.cc:27) and examine the methods
Acpi_table::_search_rsdp() and Acpi_table::_rsdp(). One of those ACPI
table mappings fails.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth