IOMMU (was: USB HID driver fails to recognize input devices)

Julian Stecklina js at ...14...
Wed Jul 18 22:18:34 CEST 2012

Hey,

there is a system call that assigns PCI devices to PDs. A PD proves that is allowed to drive a specific device by presenting the respective PCI MMCONFIG page to the kernel. In addition, memory supposed to be visible to devices must be mapped with the D bit set.

HTH, Julian