USB HID driver fails to recognize input devices

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Wed Jul 18 16:15:04 CEST 2012

Hi Markus,

On 07/13/2012 01:07 PM, Sebastian Sumpf wrote
> I will test this however, when I get my hands on a hardware box. Until
> then you're more than welcome to find out what is going on.

I've tested the USB driver on x86 as promised and fixed some issues that
appeared on real hardware. For a short description you can check
(https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/282). The most important
issue was the lack of support for more than one UHCI controller.
Interrupts are now also working for that controller.

Nevertheless there are still limitations for Nova. Because of the large
number of controllers (on my box seven) the driver might discover, the
PCI legacy interrupts may exhaust pretty quickly, what in return means
that it is likely that no other driver that depends on PCI-IRQs might
get access to them. The reason for that is that Genode does currently
neither support shared interrupts nor message-signaled interrupts in
Nova's base platform. Also there is no IOMMU support, yet, so one has to
disable it when using the driver.

@Udo: Thanks for your extensive explanations of the IOMMU interface on Nova.

You can find the changes in my Genode repository
(git://github.com/ssumpf/genode.git) under the 'issue282' branch.

Bye,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Sumpf Genode Labs http://www.genode-labs.com ·