IRQ handling

Tue Jul 17 09:17:48 CEST 2012

Hello Ivan,

On 17.07.2012 08:38, Ivan Loskutov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I try to implement touchscreen driver. I have resistive touchscreen and
> this touchscreen used GPIO pin for interrupt on tap. I try to extend my
> GPIO driver for this. I know how to handle IRQ in driver but I need to
> send this IRQ event from GPIO driver to touchscreen driver. How to do
> it? I see only polling from touchscreen driver. Or can I use other solution?

What about providing the IRQ service by the GPIO driver itself. You can
route the IRQ service requests of the touchscreen-driver (in init's
configuration) to the gpio-driver, and for all other children to core
(like it's the default case). The touchscreen-driver can use the IRQ
interface the same way as if the IRQ service would reside in core. Btw.
that's one of the main reasons why we love these virtualizeable services
in Genode.

I hope I got your question right, and this is what you were looking for?

Best regards
Stefan

PS: looking forward to test out your touchscreen-driver!