Qt port based on QPA

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue Jul 10 21:19:36 CEST 2012

Hi Robert,

> Qt platform abstraction layer provides a simpler and easier to maintain
> method of porting Qt to other platforms. Are there plans to upgrade the
> current Qt port in Genode to make use of the Qt platform abstraction layer?

I agree that QPA is a very welcome improvement. We will will certainly
adopt it for our port of Qt4 to Genode. That said, our current solution
works quite well, too. So switching to QPA is not an urgent matter for
us. I think a good time for the switch would be when we move from Qt4 to
Qt5. But I do not see this happen before the end of the year.

Which immediate benefits do you see from switching over to QPA? Maybe
knowing the motivation behind your question would create an additional
incentive to take on this project?