Fwd: [Microkernel-devroom] Accepted talks and schedule of our devroom at FOSDEM 2012

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Jan 9 12:05:11 CET 2012

FYI, forwarded from microkernel-devroom at ...86...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Microkernel-devroom] Accepted talks and schedule of our
devroom at	FOSDEM 2012
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 11:55:12 +0100
From: Jakub Jermar <jakub at ...85...>
To: Multiserver, microkernel-based operating systems devroom mailing
list.	<microkernel-devroom at ...86...>

Hi,

here is a schedule for the Multiserver, microkernel-based operating
systems devroom @ FOSDEM 2012:

9:00am – 9:25am
	Welcome! or Why do we meet here today (Jakub Jermář)
9:30am – 10:00am
	Introduction to the NOVA kernel API (Julian Stecklina)
10:10am – 10:55am
	Introduction of the Genode OS Framework (Norman Feske)
11:10am – 11:55am
	Introduction to HelenOS (Jakub Jermář)
11:55am – 12:55pm
	Lunch break
1:00pm – 2:00pm
	The microkernel overhead (Martin Děcký)
2:10pm – 2:55pm
	Reserve slot: First come, first assigned
3:05pm – 3:50pm
	Dive into HelenOS Device Drivers (Jiří Svoboda)
4:00pm – 5:00pm
	Panel discussion

Finally, the schedule filled surprisingly quickly. For the sake of
ballanced content, I decided to withdraw my own proposal, which would
otherwise be a third talk dedicated to HelenOS.

The reserve slot is basically meant for GNU Hurd or MINIX 3, whichever
claims it first, or any other, not yet represented project. If the slot
is not claimed, we can donate it to other types of content for which
there is no time now.

Note that the last item on the agenda is a panel discussion where we can
discuss various topics among the projects.

Note that the schedule may change to accommodate the current devroom
needs. Any changes will be announced on this mailing list and on the
FOSDEM web site, after the schedule is moved there.

Jakub