Building Genode for Gumstix Overo platform

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Fri Feb 17 13:10:57 CET 2012

Hi,

On 02/16/2012 06:40 PM, Michael Grunditz wrote:
> On 02/16/2012 06:08 PM, Norman Feske wrote:
>> Hello again,
>>
>>> [init -> test-libc] C++ runtime: int
>>> [init -> test-libc] void* abort(): abort called
>>>

>>> I guess I get into c++ runtime, but what does "int" mean in this context ?
>>> When I start test-libc in linux/genode I get : [init -> test-libc]
>>> Starting ldso ... as the first output.
>> it looks like the early exception-handling check in our startup code
>> fails for you. Please see the comment at line 230 in '_main.cc':
>>

>> https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/base/src/platform/_main.cc
>>
>> It is strange though, that this check does not trigger for normal
>> statically-linked programs but only for 'ld.lib.so'. Maybe there is a
>> subtle difference between the normal linker script and the one used for
>> 'ld.lib.so'?
> I have not changed them. The only system level thing I changed was the
> core memory address. The system memory available starts at *0x90000000
> so core is above that. Could that mean that there is a unresolved memory
> conflict* ?
>
> And yes static programs works.

This behavior could be caused by a couple of  issues. Can you check if '
dl_unwind_find_exid' does return something meaningful in
'os/src/lib/ldso/arm/platform.c'?  This function is used by the
libgcc_eh code in the dynamic case only. Second, can you send me the
output of 'objdump -R bin/libc.lib.so' and the same for 'bin/test-libc'.
There could be some unsupported relocation types. What EABI version is
this platform using?

Greetings,

Sebastian