Building Genode for Gumstix Overo platform

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Thu Feb 16 18:08:17 CET 2012

Hello again,

> [init -> test-libc] C++ runtime: int
> [init -> test-libc] void* abort(): abort called
>

> I guess I get into c++ runtime, but what does "int" mean in this context ?
> When I start test-libc in linux/genode I get : [init -> test-libc]
> Starting ldso ... as the first output.

it looks like the early exception-handling check in our startup code
fails for you. Please see the comment at line 230 in '_main.cc':

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/base/src/platform/_main.cc

It is strange though, that this check does not trigger for normal
statically-linked programs but only for 'ld.lib.so'. Maybe there is a
subtle difference between the normal linker script and the one used for
'ld.lib.so'?

BTW, are you using the official Genode tool chain?