Building Genode for Gumstix Overo platform

Michael Grunditz micken at ...96...
Thu Feb 16 15:55:19 CET 2012

On 02/16/2012 02:27 PM, Stefan Kalkowski wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On 16.02.2012 14:07, Michael Grunditz wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am also porting Genode to a new ARM board. Right now I am stuck with libc. It just halts with abort() as soon as it initiates. I cannot use GDB at this stage. Is there any other way of debuging this ? Adding prints to libc doesnt work since this problem is when libc init starts.
> that sounds like you're getting an exception at that point.

 I guessed that

> If you're using the Fiasco.OC kernel together with Genode you can of
> course use it's included kernel-debugger, which is quiet feature-rich.
> You can invoke it by hand via the serial line by pressing escape, or you
> put a 'enter_kdebug("WAIT")' snippet at appropriate places of your code
> resp. libc initialization. Therefore you've to include the following before:
>
>   namespace Fiasco {
>   #include <l4/sys/kdebug.h>
>   }
>
> I fear the kernel-debugger's usage isn't that self-explanatory, but you
> can start playing around after looking at the help-screen via '?'.
> Something often useful is dumping the stacktrace of a thread via 'bt'.
> To get meaningful symbols instead of plain addresses there is a small
> tool in 'base-foc/contrib/kernel/fiasco/tool/backtrace'.

Just so I understand this : backtrace is used like , cat bt.txt |
./backtrace /path/to/bin ?
I am a little bit confused over which binary I should compare to , i.e.
I don't get any match.

> Hope that helps
> Regards
> Stefan