Gentoo portage overlay

Julian Stecklina js at ...14...
Thu Feb 2 12:15:13 CET 2012

Hello,

does this also happen when you install the official binary toolchain without portage?

Julian

(Sorry for top posting)

Ivan Loskutov <loskutov.ivan at ...9...> schrieb:

Hello Julian,

I emerged your toolchain. It work for x86 but don't work for ARM.

I tried to build run/hello for foc_pbxa9. Compilation failed with message:

Library cxx

    COMPILE  exception.o

    COMPILE  guard.o

    COMPILE  malloc_free.o

    COMPILE  misc.o

    COMPILE  new_delete.o

    COMPILE  unwind.o

    MERGE    supc++.o

/usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/genode-arm-ld: /usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-elf-eabi/4.6.1/libgcc_eh.a(unwind-arm.o): Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 0)

/usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/genode-arm-ld: /usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-elf-eabi/4.6.1/libgcc_eh.a(unwind-arm.o): Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 0)

/usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-elf-eabi/4.6.1/libgcc_eh.a: could not read symbols: File in wrong format

Then I recompiled toolchain for ARM using tools/tool_chain arm and builded example without error.