Genode Page-Fault Handling and IRQ architecture

Daniel Waddington d.waddington at ...60...
Tue Dec 18 22:19:46 CET 2012

Hi,

W.r.t. Fiasco.OC ...

Can someone give a brief explanation of the Genode PF and IRQ handling
architecture. I'd like to understand the path from the kernel to the general
or custom handler. My (previous) understanding is that PFs are managed
through the core process (which is single threaded running on core0) and
farmed off (via signals) to a custom handler if attached.  Is there a way to
handle a PF without an interaction with 'core'?  (assuming let's say I have
the memory and the mapping answer).

Likewise with IRQ handling, can someone explain the path from an IRQ firing
in the kernel to the app-level handler?

Daniel