genode 12.08 advantages over fiasco

Fri Aug 31 14:06:36 CEST 2012

Hello Jotish,

there is no satisfying answer for this quite vague question. The Genode
OS Framework is - as the title suggests - a framework that can be used
to construct for instance secure systems. Base building blocks this
framework consists of are a bunch of (micro-)kernels like for instance
Fiasco (L4v2), and Fiasco.OC. Having said this: it's undecideable to say
whether Genode or Fiasco(.OC) are better with respect to security,
because the latter one might be a part of the first one in some concrete
scenario.

Regards
Stefan