building nova

buzz lightyear buzzheavyyear at ...16...
Fri Aug 24 16:30:25 CEST 2012

Apologies - it seems to works fine via the qemu..._64
CheersNick

From: buzzheavyyear at ...16...
To: genode-main at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: building nova
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 14:08:44 +0000

Hi Alex
Thanks for the hand-holding - everything compiled perfectly and your ubuntu 32bit toolchain works fine on 12.04.
Just tried to run the demo and the build script has hardwired in qemu...64  .....
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nick/genode/build.nova32'genode build completedusing NOVA kernel at /home/nick/genode/build.nova32/kernel/hypervisorcreating ISO image...spawn qemu-system-x86_64 -no-kvm -cpu core2duo -m 256 -serial mon:stdio -cdrom var/run/demo.isocouldn't execute "qemu-system-x86_64": no such file or directory    while executing"spawn qemu-system-x86_64 -no-kvm -cpu core2duo  -m 256  -serial mon:stdio  -cdrom var/run/demo.iso "    ("eval" body line 1)    invoked from within"eval "spawn $qemu $qemu_args""    (procedure "spawn_qemu" line 52)    invoked from within"spawn_qemu $wait_for_re $timeout_value "    (procedure "run_genode_until" line 2)    invoked from within"run_genode_until forever"    (file "/home/nick/genode/os/run/demo.run" line 129)    invoked from within"source $include_name"    ("foreach" body line 3)    invoked from within"foreach include_name [get_cmd_arg --include ""] {	puts "using run script $include_name"	source $include_name}"    (file "/home/nick/genode/tool/run" line 508)make: *** [run/demo] Error 1make: Leaving directory `/home/nick/genode/build.nova32'
I'll hunt around and fix locally.
Thanks again
Nick