Asynchronous Nested Page Fault Handling

Daniel Waddington d.waddington at ...60...
Mon Sep 12 23:44:16 CEST 2011

Hello Norman,
Thank you for your very thorough answer.  I had missed the issue of
trust relationship and thus your approach makes sense in this context -
I do wonder if a timeout on synchronous IPC would be nicer (if you have
a slow page fault handling you might be doing a lot of needless
exception handling).  I was looking at this because we are using the
page-fault handlers as a point of synchronization for serializing access
to shared data and thus I needed synchronous semantics.  I can tell you
more off-line if you want.

Thanks,
Daniel