Fwd: Multiserver, microkernel-based operating systems devroom at FOSDEM 2012

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Fri Nov 11 19:29:39 CET 2011

Hello,

I am happy to announce that Genode will participate in FOSDEM 2012 next
February.

Thanks a lot to Jakub Jermar of the HelenOS project for having invited
us to a devroom specifically allocated for microkernel-based and
multi-server operating systems such as ours.

Please feel hearty invited to join us at FOSDEM and to discuss the
planning of the event at the mailing list mentioned in Jakub's official
announcement (see below).

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Multiserver, microkernel-based operating systems devroom at
FOSDEM 2012
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:57:17 +0100
From: Jakub Jermar

The multiserver, microkernel-based operating systems are going to have a
dedicated devroom at FOSDEM [0] 2012. The event will take place in
Brussels during the weekend of February 4 and 5, 2012.

The projects that originally declared interest in the devroom are:

GNU Hurd[1]
MINIX 3[2]
HelenOS[3]
Genode[4]

If we can get support in the form of devroom content of other related
projects, that would make the whole devroom even more worthwile.

The reason of having a devroom for interested multiserver and
microkernel projects is basically to increase awareness of each other,
socialize, talk about the technical problems that our projects have in
common and perhaps code together. Or anything else that we can do together.

The planning for the devroom is still taking off, but I've already
created a mailing list[5]. You are encouraged to subscribe to this
mailing list if you would like to participate in the devroom or just
come by and say hello to us at FOSDEM 2012. I will send further
instructions to that list once the devroom is ready to accept offers of
content (e.g. sessions, talks, demos etc.).

[0] http://www.fosdem.org
[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/
[2] http://www.minix3.org
[3] http://www.helenos.org