Prerequisite mechanism that Genode expects from a new kernel

Althaf K Backer althafkbacker at ...9...
Sun May 29 14:25:37 CEST 2011

Greeting to Genode Community, i have been following this list for past 1
year, haven't posted any thing yet.I was more of trying to learn genode
community :-).Well, now let me come the the point,I'm trying to
understand Genode from bottom to top, from the subject i hope you have
understood what i meant.

Answers to my question does lie in /base-host directory and checking out
already implemented base-xxx.However, before i dive into them if you
could explain the underlying mechanism that genode expect from a
new/fresh dedicated kernel meant to use genode it would help understand
the /base-{host,linux,et al} better.

Like, threads, shared memory, sockets, paging, MMU support etc.It would
be excellent , if we have an article in [1] explaining porting to
hypothetical kernel.

[1] http://genode.org/documentation/articles
--
/althaf k backer/