Multiple TCP/IP apps

Александр Домо domo at ...62...
Thu May 12 19:05:49 CEST 2011

Hello, again!

Could you please suggest the proper way to use the lwip library in
multiple processes, especially, with libc_lwip_nic_dhcp?

 From my point of view, lwip alone should work ok in multiple processes, as
long as a static IP-address is assigned. Those processes start
communicating with the nic driver and just work along. Or they don't?

As for the dhcp part, it gets more complicated. Do they all get the same
IP address? As far as I know DHCP, they do. But I don't think this is
really nice, when all the applications start querying for IP addresses.

Maybe I should write a real, hard-core, independent TCP/IP module, which
would offer IP services to everyone else, like it's done in QNX, for
example? But that's not so easy, right? I'd prefer the easy way first ;)

Thanks!!