Thread context switch

Daniel Waddington d.waddington at ...60...
Fri Mar 25 18:12:28 CET 2011

Norman,
When we first tried this we used getcontext/makecontext/setcontext like
implementations.  Basically these APIs allow us to construct a stack and
register state (context) to switch to.  I thread is switched by loading
the registers and changing the ip/sp.   I think the main issue is that
in our first attempt we did not copy the "additional context members"
and "UTCB" to the new stack frame.  The thread switching works until you
try to access the utcb.

Do you see any issue in simply copying these extra bits?

Daniel