Base capabilities

Tue Mar 22 09:48:11 CET 2011

Hi Daniel,

a Platform_thread encapsulates all platform-specific properties of a
thread, as well as platform-specific operations upon it. There are
Platform_thread definitions for all platforms, Genode currently supports
like Linux, Okl4, Nova, Fiasco.OC etc..

Every time you create a thread via a CPU-session, core creates a
Platform_thread object representing the actual Kernel object.

In contrast to Platform_thread, the Cpu-session implementation is highly
generic and for all different platforms identically.

I hope this clarifies your question.

Regards
Stefan