LDSO main()

cbass cbass at ...66...
Tue Mar 15 20:09:43 CET 2011

Hi,

On 03/15/2011 04:18 PM, Sam Kerr wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to do some work with dynamic linking and saw there is an LDSO folder with a main() function. I would like to try running this on top of Pistachio.
>
> However, I cannot get the main() function to run. I have tried just including the module in the grub.conf file to no avail. Does anyone have some guidance on how to boot the LDSO test function?

You did the right thing, simply add ldso to your grub.conf file as well
as all shared libraries your binary is linked against. Of course you'll
have to add the binary to Genode's config file. If Genode sees that it
has to load a dynamically linked binary, it will invoke ldso (if
present, otherwise you will get a no dynamic linker error) which in turn
will handle the rest of the process. A test for this can be compiled and
started in your build directory with 'make run/ldso'.

Hope this helps,

Sebastian