64bit Genode and Fiasco.OC

Daniel Waddington d.waddington at ...60...
Thu Mar 10 17:34:09 CET 2011

Hi Stefan,
Great, I will give it a try today hopefully.

Daniel

On 03/10/2011 05:37 AM, Stefan Kalkowski wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> Now, the Fiasco.OC/Genode variant is 64-bit ready. Please, checkout the
> last revision from our subversion repository. You need to create a new
> build-directory with the 'create_builddir' tool. There are new
> platform-specifications available to it, namely: 'foc_x86_32' and
> 'foc_x86_64'.
>
> Alternatively, you might place a 'specs.conf' file in the 'etc'
> directory of an existing Fiasco.OC/Genode build-directory, and put the
> following line into it:
>
> SPECS = genode foc_x86_64
>
> Moreover, you've to build a 64-bit version of a Genode-compliant gcc by
> yourself. This is simply done by executing, the 'toolchain' script in
> Genode's 'tool' directory:
>
> toolchain all
>
> This will build gcc for 64-Bit (when executed in 64-bit Linux). You have
> to install MPFR, GMP, MPC, PPL, and CLooG development libraries
> beforehand. The resulting tool-chain gets installed at
> '/usr/local/genode-gcc'.
>
> I hope that helps.
>
> Best regards
> Stefan
>
> On 03/04/2011 01:33 AM, Daniel Waddington wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is Genode+Fiasco.OC x86_64 known not to work?  After various fiddling
>> about with include files, and –m64 flags I got as far as the following..
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Daniel
>>

>>    Program drivers/framebuffer/vesa/vesa_drv
>>
>>      COMPILE  decode.o
>>
>>      COMPILE  fpu.o
>>
>>      COMPILE  framebuffer.o
>>
>>      COMPILE  hw_emul.o
>>
>>      COMPILE  ifx86emu.o
>>
>>      COMPILE&n>
>>
>>      COMPILE  ops.o
>>
>>      COMPILE  ops2.o
>>
>>      COMPILE  prim_ops.o
>>
>>      COMPILE  sys.o
>>
>>      LINK     vesa_drv
>>
>> ifx86emu.o: In function `unsigned int inx<unsigned int>(unsigned short)':
>>
>> ifx86emu.cc:(.text+0x4c8): undefined reference to `bool
>> hw_emul_handle_port_read<unsigned int>(unsigned short, unsigned int*)'
>>
>> ifx86emu.o: In function `void outx<unsigned int>(unsigned short,
>> unsigned int)':
>>
>> ifx86emu.cc:(.text+0x649): undefined reference to `bool
>> hw_emul_handle_port_write<unsigned int>(unsigned short, unsigned int)'
>>
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit lass=MsoNormal>make[2]: *** [vesa_drv] Error 1
>>
>> make[1]: *** [vesa_drv.prg] Error 2
>>
>> make: *** [gen_deps_and_build_targets] Error 2

>> What You Don't Know About Data Connectivity CAN Hurt You
>> This paper provides an overview of data connectivity, details
>> its effect on application quality, and explores various alternative
>> solutions. http://p.sf.net/sfu/progress-d2d

*Daniel G. Waddington Ph.D. C.Sci. **| **Samsung Information Systems
America (SISA)*

Principal Engineer/Research Manager, Systems Research Group, Computer
Science Lab

t: 408-544-5675   f: 408-544-5540  c: 408-890-0479

d.waddington at ...60... <mailto:d.waddington at ...60...>

*****P*lease consider the environment before printing this email.

This message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may
contain confidential or privileged informat ion or protected attorney
work product.  If you are not the intended recipient, any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this message in error, please immediately notify the
sender and delete this message and its attachments from your computer
and dispose of all other copies or printouts.  Thank you.