Equivalent to ucontext APIs

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue Mar 8 22:11:46 CET 2011

Hello again,

> Before I try to put the equivalent in place in Genode, I am wondering if
> there are any existing facilities to do this sort of thing in user-space.
>
> Also any advice on approach is welcome.

there is no ready-to-use user-level threading package for Genode. I
don't really know how it would match with your use case, but it might be
worthwhile to take a look at the Protothread project of Adam Dunkels (of
lwIP fame)?

  http://code.google.com/p/protothread/
  http://code.google.com/p/protothread/wiki/UsersGuide

Even though I have no practical experience with it, I find this approach
intriguing, especially if considering its low complexity.

Best regards