64bit Genode and Fiasco.OC

Fri Mar 4 15:47:34 CET 2011

Hello Daniel,

we didn't integrated 64 bit compilation in the build system for
Genode/Fiasco.OC at this time, so we didn't test it.
So far, the only base-platform for Genode supporting 64 bit was Linux.
Because most code of Genode is generic and shared between the Linux and
Fiasco.OC version, I do not expect a lot of pitfalls, after preparation
of the build-system is done.

The vesa driver you've tried to compile isn't build for Genode/Linux, so
it was never compiled as 64 bit binary before. Thereby you've probably
triggered a 32/64 bit compatibility issue here.

We're attended to enable 64 bit for Genode/Fiasco.OC, and fix the
problem in the vesa driver as soon as possible.

Thank you for your report!

Regards
Stefan