Libports building problem with Genode 11.02 + Fiasco.OC

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed Mar 2 21:19:50 CET 2011

Hello Daniel,

> We’re struggling to build Genode 11.02 + Fiasco.OC on x86.  We are
> building using the genode GCC x86-ia32 binaries (gcc 4.4.5) running on a
> x86_64 Ubuntu box.

>     MERGE    libc.lib.so
>
> genode-x86-ld:
> /home/dwaddington/git/omnios/build/genode/var/libcache/cap_alloc/cap_alloc.lib.a(cap_sel_alloc.o):
> relocation R_386_GOTOFF against undefined symbol
> `__l4sys_invoke_indirect' can not be used when making a shared object
>
> genode-x86-ld: final link failed: Bad value

you have actually hit the first of the three known current limitations
of the Fiasco.OC port, documented at:

  http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/11.02#section-7

For building one of the libraries contained in libports, the libc gets
built as a prerequisite. The libc as well as all libraries in libports
are shared libraries. The use of shared libraries, however, is not yet
supported on Fiasco.OC. If you have the urgent need to use them, we will
address this issue promptly.