Problem in Genode building system?

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Mon Jun 6 23:22:28 CEST 2011

Hi Chen,

I did not completely reproduce your problem but from the information
you provided I think the problem is the layout of your repository
directories. The Genode build system kind of overlays all repos into
one virtual tree. So, targets under <repo>/src/<target> end up in the
root build directory as <target> (see further below...)

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 10:14:42AM -0700, Chen Tian wrote:
> . (examples)
> |-- helloworld
> |   `-- src
> |       `-- app
> |           |-- main.cc
> |           `-- target.mk
> `-- thread-migration
>     `-- src
>         `-- app
>             |-- 32
>             |   `-- target.mk
>             |-- 64
>             |   `-- target.mk
>             `-- main.cc

This means app from helloworld overlays with app from
thread-migration. Therefore, a successful compile of app/main.cc from
helloworld produces app/main.o in the build tree, which is also linked
if app/32 from thread-migration is built.

I suggest to put the targets in your repos into target-name-specific
subdirectories that do not overlay/clash.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs