Prerequisite mechanism that Genode expects from a new kernel

Althaf althafkbacker at ...9...
Wed Jun 1 04:49:30 CEST 2011

Greetings Dr Norman,

Yes, you have answered exactly what wanted to know in the most abstract way.
Well my main motivation is to understand Genode framework and more
interested pesonal research on related topics. Initially i was wondering if
i could impliment a reference kernel complying to bottom genode
specifications, however i realised its an adaptive framework. I will give a
notion of what i had expected, well i envisioned it to be one like DDEkit-
or Secure Userspace Execution Enviroment kit ( SUEEkit) over 'any'
mono/micro/hypervisor kernel, though it is correct, I conclude from your
reply that there is no solid bottom layer specification?

About my requirement, well i would like to adapt Genode for daily use (on
the long run)  over a stripped down linux, ie not related to current
base-linux which only a dev / proof of concept platform than complying to
genode policy. I actually wondered why genode port to linux was using
sockets, than other secure linux mechanism like Shared memory and et al.Now
i understood why. ;-).

Nova and MB port should be a good starting point.

-
/althaf k backer/