x64 Compatible Tool Chain

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Thu Jan 13 15:16:31 CET 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:45:17PM -0500, Sam Kerr wrote:
> Is it possible to develop Genode on 64 bit Ubuntu, or do I simply need to
> use 32 bit instead?

I did not try to build Genode on 64-bit for a while and have to admit
most of our developers still use 32-bit Linux systems. IIRC it will
help if you build the tool chain by yourself. The build script is
located in your source at tool/tool_chain and downloadable at

  http://genode.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/genode/trunk/tool/tool_chain?revision=84

The help text of the script is self-explanatory, but feel free to ask
further question if you're stuck.

Christian Helmuth