How to run Genode with L4Linux having only one RS232 port

e.fedotov e.fedotov at ...60...
Wed Dec 28 09:25:23 CET 2011

Hello!

I am trying Genode on some different ARM platforms such as:
a) Nvidia Tegra 250 (Development Kit board)
b) Beagle board (www.beagleboard.org)
I have no problem to build and run Genode having FOC kernel support for
these boards (working via UART terminal without graphics) But to run L4
Linux the Terminal session is needed, and that session can only be
provided via user (not kernel) UART. But there is no possibility to use
another UART, other than we have for kernel standard input/output (board
b without extentions has only one RS232) So, is there any possibility to
use only one terminal connection for kernel and l4linux simultaniously
(the same console for input/output)?  For example, a stub uart driver
that redirects uart IO&interrupts to standard IO?
2) Have you intentions to add any of these ARM platform support in
Genode (drivers for uart,display etc.)? The platforms above I think, are
more avaliable than pbx-a9.

All of the Best and Happy new Year,
Evgeny.