Using libports

Adi Lima adi7598 at ...9...
Mon Dec 26 20:33:00 CET 2011

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the quick reply!
Will try that soon.
Btw, can you tell me how to show the log message on real hardware (using
Pistachio based), because
I couldn't see any output on the monitor. Using linux-based was easier, but
it doesn't seem to support IO_PORT
(I've got that message from the log).
The test seems to be freezed while "Launching kernel..."

Thanks, - and Merry Christmas!

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 10:18 PM, Christian Helmuth <
christian.helmuth at ...1...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> welcome to the list, I'll try to give you a good point to start off.
>
> On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 07:08:38PM +0700, Adi Lima wrote:
> > Is there some example for using block_session for a simple client, maybe
> > just to get partition info from a SATA disk? I need a starting point to
> use
> > these stuffs :-)
>
> Reading your requirements, I propose you have a look at
> os/run/part_blk.run, which runs a simple test with a block-device
> driver (ATA on x86), the partition manager, and two instances of the
> 'test-part' application. Each instance of the test app accesses its
> own partition of the disk, which is configured in the run script's
> config file:

>  <start name="part_blk">
>    <config>
>      <policy label="test-part1" partition="6"/>
>      <policy label="test-part2" partition="1"/>
>    </config>
>  </start>
>  <start name="test-part1">
>    <binary name="test-part"/>
>    <route>
>      <any-service> <child name="part_blk" /> <parent/> <any-child/>
> </any-service>
>    </route>
>  </start>
>
> The sources are in os/src/test/part_blk/main.cc.
>
> Christmas greetings
> --
> Christian Helmuth
> Genode Labs