Proposal for issue tracking

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Dec 19 10:23:57 CET 2011

Hi Wes,

> Linus was actually a little displeased with github for _managing_ the
> larger projects, see here: http://blueparen.com/node/12
>
> There was also a decent rant thread from him about it somewhere but
> I'm having trouble locating it now.

thanks for the link. I can understand Linus Torvald's point as he has
established a ridig and well-tuned flow of pull requests for his
project. Having every contributor posting issues and pull requests to
the mainline repository is obviously not going to work. I hope that the
Github developers will listen to his critique because otherwise the
solution won't scale to projects at the size of the Linux kernel. That
said, I don't foresee this becoming a problem for Genode in the short
(and mid) term.