Proposal for issue tracking

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Sun Dec 18 19:06:18 CET 2011

Hello,

> just wanted to say that I only had good experiences so far with
> github, albeit with rather small codebases compared to Genode.  Are
> there any other popular medium to large projects using github?

one particular project that I am closely following is Milkymist
(http://milkymist.org), which is an Open-Source SoC (HDL) + system
software + applications software. Last time I met the project's founder
Sébastien Bourdeauducq in summer, he was full of praise about Github,
especially about the user interface.

Actually, the existence and reputation of Github served as a strong
argument for convincing me to make the switch from Mercurial (which we
used internally during the last 3 years) to Git in the first place.

>From what I gathered so far, I see no reason not to go for Github.
Compared to Genode's status quo (SVN on Sourceforge), it seems to be
vastly superior in each respect. Most importantly, I think that the
simplicity of not only forking the code but also collaborating in a
loosely coupled and distributed fashion as promoted so well by Github
would be a win for our project.