Another Genode on Fiasco.OC issue...

Wed Apr 13 14:30:59 CEST 2011

On 04/13/2011 01:17 PM, Guess Who? wrote:
> I loaded the toolchain, as detailed in the Genode on Fiasco.OC site and
> when I built the L4Re environment I got this:
>
>    ==> Installing crti.o to local build-tree
>    ... Compiling crtn.o
> initfini.c: Assembler messages:
> initfini.c:29: Error: .size expression for _init does not evaluate to a
> constant
> initfini.c:29: Error: .size expression for _fini does not evaluate to a
> constant
> make[3]: *** [crtn.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/wegrzyn/Fiasco/L4re-build/pkg/ldscripts/OBJ-x86_core2'
> make[2]: ***
> [/home/wegrzyn/Fiasco/L4re-build/pkg/ldscripts/OBJ-x86_core2] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/wegrzyn/Fiasco/src/l4/pkg/ldscripts'
> make[1]: *** [ldscripts] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/wegrzyn/Fiasco/src/l4/pkg'
> make: *** [pkg] Error 2

Not sure, what's going on. Might be that your binutils are too new for
some parts of the L4Re sources (e.g. uclibc). Please, check whether your
system's binutils have a version >= 2.21, that might be a problem.

BTW. do not build L4Re or Fiasco.OC with other configuration-values than
the default ones especially with respect to the processor-type (you've
chosen core2 instead of i586). It won't work when you want to compile
Genode for Fiasco.OC! This clarifies your previous problems when trying
to compile Genode.

Regards
Stefan

PS: If you've issues directly related to L4Re/Fiasco.OC, a more
appropriated mailing-list is l4-hackers:

That list gets read by the developers of L4Re/Fiasco.OC too.