Fwd: OKL4 compilation problem

Janith Widarshana e06widu at ...9...
Mon Sep 20 18:28:46 CEST 2010

Thank you Frank for your quick responding,
I could found what the error is.Now I've got another error when run the make
file.

genode-okl4-x86/include/l4/arch/syscalls.h:277: error: PIC register ‘ebx’
clobbered in ‘asm’
make[2]: *** [ipc.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [ipc.lib] Error 2
make: *** [gen_deps_and_build_targets] Error 2

can anyone help me go forward from there.

Regards,
Janith.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Frank Kaiser <frank.kaiser at ...24...>
Date: Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM
Subject: RE: OKL4 compilation problem
To: developer at ...50...

 Hello, Janith

First, you should have sent this request to the OKL4 mailing list, since
your problem is related to the OKL4 kernel compilation, but not to the
Genode Framework build.

Second, the error message “sh: i686-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc: command not found”
gives an unambiguous statement about your problem: the build script does not
find the compiler you have instructed it to use by giving the option “
toolprefix=i686-unknown-linux-gnu-”. Even if you are a newbie you should be
able to sort out this kind of problems by yourself before bothering hundreds
of people on a mailing list!

Regards

Frank