libc write not activated

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Fri Sep 17 16:57:44 CEST 2010

Hello Stephane,

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:38:21AM +0200, stephane frenot wrote:
> Here is a patch that validates the write function.

Your patch simply deactivates our libc plugin mechanism for write(). I
admit, that we currently do not support writes to stdout and stderr
out of the box _and_ that the current error message is a bit
misleading. We _do_ support write() but not to the given fd. I will
fix this soon.

Please read more about the plugin concept here

  http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/10.02#section-23

and in the sources of libc_lwip.

> I also put a "\n" in the DUMMY macro display.

Why do you need this additional linebreak? PERR() adds it in
base/include/base/printf.h:73 to the output.

Christian Helmuth