Init startup sequence

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at ...1...
Fri May 21 16:43:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

I think we probably need a different malloc() implementation (or a
Genode-specific __cxa_allocate_exception() implementation) in the cxx
lib that doesn't cause exceptions to be thrown, because what your stack
trace shows is that with the current implementation we can get an
exception thrown inside init_exception_handling() itself and also
potentially infinite recursive calls of malloc() .

For now, perhaps you can find out why this particular exception is
thrown in Genode::Ipc_client::_call() (in base-fiasco/src/base/ipc/ipc.cc)?

Christian