OKL4 build errors

Tue Mar 2 08:58:01 CET 2010

On Tuesday, 2. March 2010 05:30:14 Peter Nguyen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In upgrading to Genode 10.02, i'm encountering build errors when i
> specifically include one of three L4 header files, namely thread.h,
> ipc.h, and arch/thread.h. I do the #include statements within a
> namespace declaration like so:
>
> namespace Okl4 { extern "C" {
> //includes
> }}
>
> Every time i try to build OKL4, i keeping getting the following error
> which is related to utcb.h:
>
> error: expected unqualified-id before ‘[’ token
>
> Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? If i don't
> include any of those files, my code builds fine.
>
> Peter

Hello Peter,

I'm sorry I can't reproduce that behaviour. I've compiled the following code
without any problems:

/* main.cc */
namespace Okl4 { extern "C" {
#include <l4/thread.h>
#include <l4/ipc.h>
#include <l4/arch/thread.h>
} }
int main(int, char**) { return 0; }
/* EOF */

Have you tried to do 'make clean' after upgrading to the new release? If this
is not the problem you have to post the complete verbose build log. You can
set the environment variable VERBOSE to nothing, do 'VERBOSE="" make'
Moreover, you should post the complete source file, that causes the problem.

regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Kalkowski