Question regarding parent capabilities

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Wed Jun 9 14:41:14 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 02:13:44PM +0200, Steffen Liebergeld wrote:
> However, during the start process, the
> capability describing Core's activation thread is sent around many many
> times, which results in literally tens of mappings in the Cap space. I
> don't know a good solution to this yet, but I wanted to inform you that
> there might be a problem.

I would expect that, as literally any object in the early bootstrap
stages is implemented in core (sessions, dataspaces, ...) and
referenced by a capability. So init and its children hold dozens of
caps to the server activation in core.

Maybe I did not get what you meant and ask you to elaborate a bit more
on the issue then.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth