Strange behaviour of member addresses

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue Jun 1 12:53:26 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

Heap::Heap...
> This prints the following:
> quota_limit=-1 this=0x1851d8 &_quota_limit=0x185630

Heap::alloc...
> And this prints the following:
> _quota_limit=0 *this=0x1851d8 &_quota_limit=0x18563c

I added both debug outputs to the current Genode version and
both values of &_quota_limit are equal here (tested on Linux).

Which Genode version are you using? Have you upgraded the Genode version
in the process of your work? If yes, you should definitedly start with a
new build directory. Are you using a copy of the 'heap.h' header file?
In the past, we stumbled over a similar problem that occurred when
having multiple header files with the same name in the include search
path.