message buffer is too small

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue Apr 27 17:13:57 CEST 2010

Hi Peter,

Peter Nguyen wrote:
> In moving my sampling code to version 10.02 of genode, and running the
> sampling functionality, I keep getting the following message during runtime:
>
> void copy_utcb_to_msgbuf(Okl4::L4_MsgTag_t, Genode::Msgbuf_base*):
> receive message buffer too small msg size=2c, buf size=16
>
> Is there a way for me to change the size? Another point I should mention
> is that this output appears as a result of using L4 IPC.

you can specify the size of your communication buffers as template
argument to the 'Msgbuf' template. On the server side, the send and
receive message buffers are passed to the 'Server_activation'
constructor, on the client side, they are passed to the 'Ipc_client'
constructor. The error you see is about the reception of a message, when
the message is copied from the thread's UTCB to the 'Msgbuf' object.