Weird build error

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Apr 19 10:59:17 CEST 2010

Hi Peter,

> In applying the patch, it still doesn't work, but in this case, the boot up
> stops when trying to load "timer" as per the config file i sent in the last
> email. More specifically, this is the output i get when "timer" is loaded:
> Attached is a text file showing complete output i get, including the "no RM
> attachment" part.

thanks for testing. For the time being, it seems to be the best to
disable superpages on OKL4, so you can proceed with your work. Please
apply the attached patch to the SVN version of Genode. What we know so
far is that the problem occurs if a binary with a file size greater than
4M (right now, this is only the case for the DDE-Linux-based NIC driver)
is loaded at a 4M-aligned address (this happens only on OKL4). We will
investigate the issue in detail and provide a fix with the next release
coming in May.