Announcement: Genode OS Framework version 9.05 released

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed May 27 14:56:21 CEST 2009

We have made the version 9.05 of the Genode OS Framework available.

After the previous release 9.02 had brought Genode to the Pistachio
kernel, we have now further enhanced the number of usable base
platforms by adding support for the OKL4 kernel developed by Open
Kernel Labs. In addition to the improved platform support, the
new version brings major functional improvements including the first
parts of our USB stack, 64-bit support, and the integration of the
Qt 4.5.1 application framework into our main-line source tree.

Release notes for version 9.05
------------------------------

* Applications
  * Integration of Qt4
  * Qt4-based launchpad
* OS services and drivers
  * GUI performance tweaks
  * Virtualized PCI bus for VESA driver
  * USB session and device interface
* USB support
  * USB HID driver
  * Host controller drivers for UHCI, OHCI, and EHCI
* OKL4 as new platform
* 64-bit Linux platform support
* Base framework refinements

Please find more in-depth information in our detailed release
notes:

  http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/9.05

The new release is available to the project's subversion repository
and at the Genode download page:

  http://genode.org/download/latest-release

With the release of Genode 9.05, it is time to update our road map.
The following release will bring many refinements that improve
performance and memory usage, and bring the different platform
implementations on par with each other. Towards the end of the
year, we plan to enable the execution of plain POSIX programs via
one or multiple POSIX execution environments running as Genode sub
systems. The updated road map is available at:

  http://genode.org/about/road-map

Norman Feske
Genode Labs

http://www.genode-labs.com ยท http://genode.org