Genode on the L4ka::Pistachio kernel

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Thu Dec 18 14:24:20 CET 2008

Today, we have made the L4ka::Pistachio version of Genode publicly
available via our subversion repository. The L4ka::Pistachio kernel
is developed by the L4ka group at the University of Karlsruhe and
the DiSy group at the University of New South Wales. It implements
the latest official L4 API, which is called x.2 (alse referred to
a version 4). The official L4ka::Pistachio website is:

  http://www.l4ka.org/projects/pistachio/

Although both L4 kernels L4ka::Pistachio and the already supported
L4/Fiasco belong to the L4 family, they differ in many ways such as
the supported CPU architectures, premptibility, kernel-API features,
scheduling, stability, and their respective license. This makes the
availability of both kernels as base platforms for Genode very
attractive.

The port of Genode to L4ka::Pistachio was primarily done by Julian
Stecklina as a student research project at the University of Technology
Dresden. In cooperation, we integrated his work with the mainline Genode
development. The L4ka::Pistachio version will become a regular part of
the official Genode distribution with upcoming release scheduled for
February.

You can find all the needed technical information about building and
using Genode with L4ka::Pistachio at our Wiki:

  http://genode.org/community/wiki/GenodeOnL4kaPistachio

Norman Feske
Genode Labs

http://www.genode-labs.com ยท http://genode.org