First trouble with core

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Aug 18 14:40:37 CEST 2008

Hi Marc,

> Patch successfully applied and priorities are well changed. However, I
> still loose my mouse. In fact, this happens when I resize a window to
> a big size. I will try to investigate if there is some buffer overflow
> into nitpicker.
>
> But, I have a question : IRQ thread into core process is still 0x10.
> May this cause trouble ?

Sure, on high load (e.g., large pixel-copy operations via CPU),
an IRQ thread could be preempted at any time, getting delayed
by a whole time slice of 10ms or even longer. Hence, boosting the
priority of IRQ threads is certainly a good idea. The attached
patch assigns the priority 0xc0 to these threads. Could you give
it a try?

Norman Feske
Genode Labs

http://www.genode-labs.com ยท http://genode.org