First trouble with core

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Thu Aug 14 20:44:52 CEST 2008

Marc CHALAND wrote:
> In both cases, I encounter mad mouse trouble when I change window size
> of scout for example. I get the following message :
> [init -> ps2_drv] void* fwrite(): fwrite - not yet implemented
> [init -> ps2_drv] void* fputs(const char*, void*): fputs: "Exception::Overflow"
> [init -> ps2_drv] void* fwrite(): fwrite - not yet implemented
> [init -> ps2_drv] void* abort(): abort called
> I guess, sync is lost. I cannot get mouse after this.
> On TUDOS, I fixed sync lost by changing driver priorities. Is there
> any way to do this in genode ?

Configuring priorities is not supported yet. The observed behaviour
occurs when the event queue inside the PS/2 driver overruns. This
happens when the GUI server is not able to fetch new batches of
input events fast enough. Normally, Nitpicker should fetch events
each 10ms. The PS/2 driver queues up to 255 events, which should
be enough (Normally, PS/2 generates not more than 16Kbit/s, which
would correspond to ca. 66 mouse events per 10ms). The queue
overrun suggests that the driver is actually handling the incoming
device interrupts properly. I guess, the sleep accuracy of the
timer service (used by Nitpicker to wait 10ms) is the problem
because this service has assigned the same round-robin priority
as any other process.

I guess, its time to make priorities configurable in Genode to
see if my guess is right ;-)

--
Norman Feske
Genode Labs